How did Pocketpew get started?
Pocketpew is partnered with the #1 hybrid app partners who was started by a group of mobile developers who were tired of seeing organizations pay thousands of dollars for basic apps. Therefore, in order to help organizations create nice apps at a fraction of the cost, the app builder was created. Pocketpew leverages our experience working with dozens of churches and ministries to ensure we create a community for you to benefit from.
I need to change my app! Help!
No problem, just log in at the following link, make your changes, and they’ll be live instantaneously:
How long does it take before my app goes live?
Around 10 – 15 business days.
Once created, we will submit your app to the iTunes App Store or Android Market (as applicable) within 48 hours. It then takes about 2 weeks to gain approval. In the highly unlikely event that your app is rejected, we will work with you to make the necessary changes. With Pocketpew, approval is guaranteed.
What are the steps in the app creation process?
- Select your tabs (e.g. Contact Info, Products, Social Media, etc.)
- Edit your content (i.e. write the texts that will appear in your app)
- Customize the app’s appearance (chose colors, etc.)
- We will publish
(Is that it? We must be missing something. It can’t be that easy… wow! Nope. We just double-checked. It’s definitely that easy!)
How much does Pocketpew App cost?
Our rates are very affordable. One monthly fee, no setup fee, no extra costs for submission to an app store.
- Submission to the app store(s) of your choice
- Lifetime support and maintenance of your app
- Regular updates and improvements to your app
- A powerful CMS account to update your app instantly, at any time
- And more!
How do these functions help my ministry?
- They increase engagement. By making it easy for your regular visitors and members to contact your ministry, visit your location, hear about events, and watch your latest provided referrals, you can increase your ministry’s engagement. Because apps are mobile, your regular visitors and members can do any of these things from any location, which makes your ministry more accessible than ever before.
- Online donations have been found to be up to 25% greater! This includes donations submitted through apps. Mobile users also submit donations more frequently.
- 70% of potential visitors contact an organization after a mobile search, but almost half will stop exploring the site if the mobile experience is poor.
- They increase social media engagement. By making it easy to post about your ministry to social media platforms, you are more likely to cause your regular visitors and members follow suit. This can turn your regular visitors and members into PR disciples, who will help to spread the word by taking your message viral.
- Push notifications have been found to lead to a 30% increase in social media engagement.
- They increase operational efficiency.By letting your regular visitors and members submit orders, ask for prayer request, give donations, or to complete summer camp registrations through your app, you can streamline operations and cut down the time your ministry’s volunteers spend on the phone. You can also track the ministry’s activity and find areas to improve with ease.
- They increase brand loyalty. Having a direct and regular connection channel to your regular visitors and members deepens the bonds between them and your ministry, boosting loyalty and engagement.
In short, mobile technology is surprisingly powerful and can generate a wealth of opportunities for your ministry to spread the same gospel to a modern, social, global generation.
If I make an app with the Pocketpew Platform, what will the app be able to do?
We offer wealth of powerful features for you to incorporate into your app! You can view them all here:
List of features
Here are some of the highlights:
- Single-Touch Dialing. Regular visitors and members can call your ministry with a single click.
- Push Notifications. Send attractive and customized messages, daily encouragements, and event invites to your regular visitors and members, through our advanced push notification system.
- Mobile Shopping Cart. Regular visitors and members can submit orders directly through your app.
- Tell-a-Friend. Regular visitors and members can refer their friends through social media.
- GPS Directions. To lead people right to your location.
- Media Player. Share your weekend sermon with the audience locally and globally, while they are in the car, at the gym, or on the go.
- Custom Email Forms. Set up one form for prayer requests and perhaps another one for regular contact.
- Video. Make the most of your YouTube channel and import video into your app.
- Image Galleries. A photo album of your ministry. Have Instagram for your ministry. Better yet, your app integrates: post once, and share in many places.
- Program Integration. Your app can work seamlessly with a huge variety of your favorite apps and tools.
- And so much more!
What types of apps can I create with Pocketpew Platform?
iOS apps – that work on Apple devices like iPhones and iPads
Android apps – that work on Samsung, Google, HTC, and many other devices
Mobile websites (HTML5) – that work on almost any device with a mobile browser
(I’m embarrassed to ask, but what’s an “app?”)
Once upon a time, a mobile phone just made calls. Now, only the most basic mobile phones are call-only. Instead, modern smartphones are powerful mini-computers that can run applications, or ‘apps’.
More specifically, apps are those little square pictures you see when you turn on the average smartphone. Examples include Angry Birds (a game), Youversion (a Bible app), Gmail (for checking e-mail), Pandora (for streaming music), and WatchESPN (for watching sports). Basically, apps are what make smartphones ‘smart’.
When your ministry puts out an app, your members and loyal visitors can download it to their smartphones, and interact with your ministry on the go. They can perform whatever functions you choose, from simple things, like looking up your phone number, location, or upcoming events, to more complicated things, like submitting orders or sending messages to your ministry’s secretary.
Who can use Pocket Pew Apps?
No special technical expertise is needed. We will walk you through each step of app creation with our easy-to-use tools. Once your app is published, you can evaluate, edit, and manage your app from your Pocketpew dashboard with just a few clicks.
Why should I create an app?
A mobile app can increase mobile donations, membership engagement, operational efficiency, social media engagement, visit frequency to your location, and can have many other benefits. The opportunities created by apps for ministries are valuable and extraordinarily cost-effective.
In addition, mobile technology is growing very quickly, and is already overtaking desktop computing in many places. If you want to connect with your members and visitors, mobile is fast-becoming the most popular channel available.