Have you thought about creating a mobile app for your ministry? A mobile app can help you reach the community, engage your audience and grow your viewership. You can utilize today’s technology to distribute your sermons and deliver notifications as you spread the Word of God. If you’ve been thinking about launching a mobile app for your ministry, review and act upon this checklist, to make sure the web app platform that you hire is right for your needs:
- Experience. Look into the firm’s experience. Find out how long the company has been developing mobile apps for and ask for references and work samples, so you can see firsthand what the company’s final product looks like.
- Faith-Based Knowledge. Not all web platforms will be experienced or even comfortable working with faith-based organizations. Your ministry’s dynamics are different from those of a typical business, so check with the app builder regarding their comfort level and knowledge of the needs that would be more specific to faith-based organizations such as yours.
- Custom Design. Some platforms offer many more options, to help you customize your mobile app. In the mobile app world, there are essentially three varying development options: Native, HTML5, and Hybrid. The Hybrid option is often best for ministries, as it maintains a reasonable price while offering a good amount of customization options.
- Mobile Platform Availability. The last thing you want to do is create an awesome app that delivers your ministry’s messages and is only available to a portion of your potential audience. You definitely want to be available on iOS and Android, with 96% of the world’s mobile market using these systems.
- Ease of Updates. In order to ensure that your content doesn’t get stale, make sure you’ll be able to update your content with ease.
- Community Support. A reputable mobile platform developer will also help you maximize the use of the tool by providing community support, giving you access to best practices with regard to blogging, helping with technical issues, and providing webinars to help you understand how to best use the app, for example.
You can discover other useful tips about mobile apps for ministries by downloading the free ebook “Mobile App Features to help your Church Grow, Connect, and Communicate” from PocketPew.