Whether you look at the congregation gathering on the weekends at your church, the crowd in the coffee shop or the hordes commuting to work on planes, trains and automobiles, you are sure to see lots of people engage with their smartphones or some other mobile device. Over 60% of American adults own a smartphone. If you want to reach this mobile generation, then you need to have a mobile ministry. Designing a smartphone app for your ministry is a great way to reach your members. Here are seven types of ministries that can benefit from a mobile app:
- Apps provide easy access to information about your church’s location, worship times and dates of other events.
- You can even make recordings of your sermons available on your mobile app.
- The app can provide a way for people to sign up for events and ministries.
Bloggers and Other Thought Leaders
- Blogs are communication tools used by thought leaders, commentators, pastors and other ministry leaders, often to promote a personal project or brand.
- A mobile app allows the blog’s followers to easily access and engage with the content from their mobile phone.
- The app can also provide a platform to sell informational products, books and other items related to the ministry.
- Mobile apps can be used to promote conferences and actually allow people to register for them .
- The app also provides all the relevant information about conferences, and places them at the fingertips of the attendees.
- Whether you are a Christian school, daycare center or after-school program, you want to be in constant communication with the parents of your students. A mobile app can help you in this, without the need for sending home those weekly communication folders.
- A mobile app can provide parents with basic calendar information about the school.
- You can also use the app to notify parents when things change.
Any Non-Profit Ministry Organization
- Some ministries perform charitable work and community services. Others provide disaster relief or support foreign missions. Others bring the Gospel to specific segments of the population. Whatever your non-profit ministry, you could benefit from a mobile app.
- You can use this app to engage with the people who receive your services.
- You could also use the app to engage with supporters and benefactors.
- You can promote your music and events through the mobile app.
- You can alert your fans to any new information about your music.
- In addition, you can sell your music through the app.
Health and Wellness Professionals
- A mobile app is a great place to track workouts, post information about exercises and share positive testimonies.
- You can also post information on nutrition, meal plans and healthy recipes.
- In addition, you can post information about group fitness classes, and even register people for those classes with the help of your app.